CAL*Explorer is an interactive website that provides easy access to a wide range of cancer statistics using California Cancer Registry data. It provides detailed statistics for a cancer site by gender, race/ethnicity, age, county/region, and for a select number of cancer sites, by histology.
- Create custom graphs and tables
- Download data and images
- Share links to results
What's Included in the Current Release?
CAL*Explorer provides access to cancer incidence, survival, and mortality statistics for California including:
- Recent trends in cancer incidence and mortality, 2000-2019
- Recent rates in cancer incidence and mortality, 2015-2019
- Long-term trends in cancer incidence and mortality, 1988-2019
- Rates by age at diagnosis or death
- Stage distribution (incidence only)
- County-level incidence and mortality rates
- Incidence and mortality statistics for several Asian ethnicities including:
- South Asian
- Statistics for several subtypes of larger cancer groupings including:
- Breast cancer
- Esophagus cancer
- Lung and bronchus cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- 5-year relative survival 2012-2018
- Relative survival rates by time since diagnosis
How Can I Provide Feedback?
The goal is to improve CAL*Explorer with each new California Cancer Registry data release, we are interested in receiving feedback from users. Please send comments through the California Cancer Registry Contact Us form.
Suggested Citation - CAL*Explorer: An interactive website for California Cancer Registry (CCR) cancer statistics [Internet]. The CCR is a program of the California Department of Public Health. [Accessed (insert date)]. Available from https://www.ccrcal.org/.
Special Thanks - The CAL*Explorer development team would like to acknowledge the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program for its permission to use the SEER*Explorer application as a framework for this application.