CAL*Explorer is an interactive website that provides easy access to a wide range of California Cancer Registry (CCR) cancer statistics. It provides detailed statistics for a cancer site by gender, race, age, region, and for a selected number of cancer sites, by histology.
What's Included in the Current Release?
CAL*Explorer provides access to CCR incidence, survival, and mortality statistics including:
- Recent Trends in CCR Incidence and CCR Mortality, 2000-2016
- Recent Rates for CCR Incidence and CCR Mortality, 2012-2016
- Long Term Trends in CCR Incidence and CCR Mortality, 1988-2016
- Rates by Age at Diagnosis or Death
- Stage Distribution (Incidence only)
- County-level Incidence and Mortality Rates
- Incidence and Mortality statistics for several Asian ethnicities including:
- South Asian
- Statistics for several subtypes of larger cancer groupings including:
- Breast Cancer
- Esophagus Cancer
- Lung and Bronchus Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- 5-year Relative Survival 2009-2015
- Relative Survival Rates by Time Since Diagnosis
How Can I Provide Feedback?
The goal is to improve CAL*Explorer with each new CCR data release, we are interested in receiving feedback from users. Please send comments through the California Cancer Registry (CCR) Contact Us form.
Suggested Citation - CAL*Explorer: An interactive website for California Cancer Registry (CCR) cancer statistics [Internet]. The CCR is a program of the California Department of Public Health.. [Accessed (insert date)]. Available from https://www.ccrcal.org/.
Special Thanks - The CAL*Explorer development team would like to acknowledge the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program for its permission to use the SEER*Explorer application as a framework for this application.